Friday, December 11, 2009

Mark.cosmetics: Do I have a good shot selling, even with the situation I am in now?

I was introduced to Mary Kay this weekend, and was pondering on selling the products, until I was informed on the start up costs. $100 to me these days is too much to risk (my son's 3rd bday coming up, bills, and I am already on welfare). I have been looking for jobs in my area, but so far there is nothing that is hiring here worthwhile. And my fiance just lost his job, so... it's hard.


So, I came across mark. by Avon. I don't want to be ANOTHER Avon lady around here, and mark. products look great. I'm just wondering:





How lucrative is it really?


Any rewards/incentive programs?


How much is the average start up cost? I realize there is no obligation to buy anything, but I have to be realistic and know that booklets and samples are in my future if I choose this route.


Success rate of the average saleswoman?


Are all of the girls/women in school? I'm not...








Luckily, there are no mark. reps around my area for at least a 20 minute radius. There are Avon ladies, but none my age. So that may give me a slight advantage. BUT, the women around here don't really wear makeup! Will I have to do much traveling? I don't mind as long as I am having fun.





TIAMark.cosmetics: Do I have a good shot selling, even with the situation I am in now?
I just stopped selling Avon and Mark, unless you plan on selling a lot and working your butt off to get sells it is just a waste of money!!!!!!!!Mark.cosmetics: Do I have a good shot selling, even with the situation I am in now?
I wouldn't advise it, in the end, unless you are a very experienced seller, you usuallly end up paying out more than you make. I have a few friends that all tried to sell mark. and gave up because of a lack of funds.





Also, in this economy, finding potential customers will be a lot more difficult than it would have been when the economy was more sound. Especially since you said the women in your area don't wear makeup. If you did have to travel, remember that those costs would be coming out of your pocket as well.





I'd advise you to just keep on with the job search for now, finding a job, anything that can get you on your feet, will be a lot more help to you because you won't be paying for things out of pocket, just bringing money in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism