Friday, December 11, 2009

Selling Cosmetics-Avon,Mark, etc?

I'm in college looking for a flexible job because of my class hours. So I've always thought about selling cosmetics, but I'm not sure what to sell. I've seen Avon and Mark, and then Mary Kay and that's about it. I'm thinking about trying Mark but I'm not sure. I like Avon but I know too many people who already sell it so I sort of want something else.Selling Cosmetics-Avon,Mark, etc?
When you join Avon it is your business so you do what you choose to do with it as you please. When you sign up as an Avon rep, your also allowed to sell Mark also. So what you could do is try to sell both and see which one works better for you.





Personally for me it has been worth while. I am able to make $250 every 2 weeks in addition to my full time income.





Not sure if you are aware but now you can sign up to become a representative online now. Plus, with all the support that is available out there you should be able to make a great income.





If you do happen to be interested and are ready to get started just click my profile for online application website information.





Hope that helped answer your questionSelling Cosmetics-Avon,Mark, etc?
Hello, I used to sell Avon, but have been selling Mary Kay for 4 years. Avon sounds appealing because of the low start up cost (only $10), but you don't really get much more than some brochures and samples, and a ';good luck';, then you're out on your own.





Mary Kay costs $100 for the starter kit, but you get $323 in full size products PLUS $200 in business supplies (bags, samples, business cards, training material, etc.) - so that $100 is getting you $500 worth of products. Mary Kay also has great training available online and in person which is something that Avon didn't have.





With Avon, your profit is based on how much you sell - so if you only sell $100 in products, your profit may only be 20%. In order to make any money at Avon, you must sell around $1200 per campaign (every 2 weeks). Mary Kay consultants receive 50% profit ALWAYS regardless of how much you sell. If you sell $250 in products one week - you profit $125, likewise, if you only sell $100 in products, you make $50. If you sell $20 - you make $10.





Another thing that I like much better with Mary Kay is that their catalogs only come out 4x per year - so it's easy to keep the most current brochure on hand. Avon changes their catalogs every 2 weeks - I remember feeling like I could never keep up with the most current issue.





I would be happy to give you more info on selling Mary Kay if you are interested. You can e-mail me through my avatar. Good luck with whatever you choose! :)
My husband got his dental degree and worked at nights at a local grocery stocking shelves.





I worked at a bagel shop on weekends and made coffee and bagels all day. During the weekdays, I was a nanny/housekeeper/helper for a disabled mom. I watched her child while she was home, light house keeping, and ran to the store for groceries and did the rest of her errands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism