Sunday, December 13, 2009

Would you ever consider implanting something purely cosmetic for your dog?

Like fake testicles if they were neutered (like the question here yesterday), or a fake eye if they lost an eye?Would you ever consider implanting something purely cosmetic for your dog?
Nope





My dog doesn't care what he looks like. My dog doesn't care what I look like! So why would I do something invasive purely for cosmetic reasons??Would you ever consider implanting something purely cosmetic for your dog?
I would consider and did consider a false eye for a puppy that had a serious injury and lost an eye - being young he would have needed the support to the surrounding structures but it wasn't really purely cosmetic - he had more extensive injuries that ended up leading to him having to be put down but had he progressed, I would have gotten him a false eye. I see no reason for anyone to get the false testicles, that would be ego based and silly.
Neuticals or a fake eye, no. The first is just ridiculous, the second is unnecessary. If a dog needs to lose an eye due to disease %26amp; gets an eye implant, it is for the owner's benefit and not the dog's.


There have been some recent developments in leg prosthesis for dogs (don't know about cats) If it meant my dog had better mobility --should she lose a leg for some reason---and would have no pain or complications, I'd consider that. If the implant or device had a function that would absolutely benefit the dog, then I would look into it.
No! never!





A prosthetic leg perhaps, but that would be for mobility rather than cosmetic.


People who show dogs that are neutered and have fake testicles are basically cheating, as male or female the dogs are supposed to be breed-able. A pet dog certainly doesn't need them. It doesn't make them look any better and they don't care what they look like. The owner shouldn't either!


I can understand someone having a prosthetic eye fitted to make a dog look more normal though I think even that is unnecessary.



Absolutely not.





Things like that are not beneficial to the dog, only for the outer look of the dog to better please the owner.





I say no on all doggy-cosmetics. Its ridiculous. Why spend THAT much money on something that doesn't help your dog and may cause problems later on down the line?





Unless its beneficial to the DOG, it serves no point.





I don't understand the point of neuticals. Testicles on dogs are disgusting and look improper. Why would you want to make your animal uncomfortable? There is no way they feel anything like the real thing for them, and I would imagine they are extremely irritating. I wouldn't want two easter egg shaped things floating around next to my butt!
Well, the Neuticles was 100% REDICULOUS!


I even heard of a Man who adopted a AmStaff and had him inplanted with larger then ';real'; Neuticles.


Ugh, what small braines some people have.





I dont think I would get a Cosmetic Eye for a dog either.


Although, I could see why some people would.





BUT REALLY!


The neuticles were so freakishly STUPID!
No, I'm sorry but I think it's totally unnecessary. However, if it makes the ';manly men'; more comfortable to see testicles on their neutered dogs well go for it idiots. At least their neutering and not leaving their dogs ';manhood'; intact.
Wow...reading some of these answers. I do agree with whoever said about a leg.


If it made my dog(s) more comfortable...and money wasn't an issue then I would do it.





But the testicles? Wth? Im not showing off my dogs. They aren't a prize or a status symbol. If ur dog is nutered (most) people wouldn't care if someones dog was nutered and didn't have any testicles...I honestly would be glad to see a lack of testicles in most dogs





But like I said I agree with some people. If it made them more comfortable I would do it








ADD: about the showing thing...that would be the only way I would support the implants
I've thought about dental implants for them, but it would be for my benefit and I just couldn't put them through that. They get along just fine with some missing teeth.





Never would I do an eye or testicles. I would consider an artificial limb, though.
No. And to clarify about the neuticles thing, unfortunately they are used to disguise monorchid dogs in the show ring. It's not always idiots with a macho complex. Though I'd rather see stupid people castrate and replace with implants than not castrate at all.
probably yes if that something would do good with my pup, and if he really needs it, why not..





but try to check the consequences of doing it.. consider the health of your doggie..





http://dogtime.com/health.html
Nope.





Dogs aren't self conscious that way, and I frankly don't care if my dog has 'nads or not... My sense of well being has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not my dog is intact.
Maybe an eye, thats not such a bad idea, but fake testicles are idiotic, and for guys that must feel pretty darn pathetic inside...
I wish I had done that for my male dog. I thought about it but everyone laughed at me for considering it. I can't see the harm.
I recently heard of those testicle implants from a friend. Her son had them done to his dog after he was neutered.
Oh god now people are going to be going crazy for fake testicles to put on their dog!





I would never do that!
Uh, no, I would never put my dog thru any unneccesary pain.



No, they won't get use to stuff that is not their own.



in a word, no


wait that's four words


wait that's even more words
no
Nope.I'd better spend that money for good food,vets,toys,etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism