Thursday, June 24, 2010

How Safe Is Platic / Cosmetic Surgery???

I always watch those scary programmes on TV which show surgery cases gone completely wrong and the people are scarred for the rest of their lives. This has always made me reluctant to get surgery.





I want to get surgery to give my face sharper and more masculine features. I want to bring out my jaw bones and to give myself a sharper chin. Although I don't wanna end up like Freddi Krooger if the whole thing goes wrong. LOL





How Safe Is Platic / Cosmetic Surgery???How Safe Is Platic / Cosmetic Surgery???
I have never heard of platic surgery, but to be honest with you it seems risky. I would do my research. Bupa also does cosmetic surgery, and personally I would be less frightened about trusting them.





http://www.bupahospitals.co.uk/asp/cosme鈥?/a>How Safe Is Platic / Cosmetic Surgery???
That is a very good point. If I will get it, it is better to get it done at a quality and reknowned place like Bupa. Although at the moment, being just a graduate I am looking for a job. So I must wait a bit in order to accumulate the 拢拢拢 that are needed. LOL Report Abuse

Plastic Surgery is considered safe.You have to make sure you get a reputable clinic.
It depends. All surgery comes with risks, but generally plastic surgery isn't as risky or dangerous as say, open heart surgery. However, all plastic surgeries are not the same and they each carry certain levels of risk. For example, a nose job is not as dangerous as a tummy tuck.
the surgery is safe only because of the surgeon ..





Do your research ensure he is on the baps list (British association for plastic surgeons) if you are in the UK and likewise elsewhere ..





Research is the key .. you would not buy a car if it had no engine ..





All surgery comes with risks .. but it can be worthwhile .. oh and if it is cheap warning lights should be flashing
It's called PLASTIC surgery. It is very safe, but of course it is surgery so there is ALWAYS some risk involved. The amount of risk will vary based on what procedures you choose to under go and who preforms the surgery . You obviously want to choose a surgeon in your area with a proven track record. Ask your primary care dr, or family care physician to recommend one to you then you can set up an appointment with the actual surgeon and ask him or her about all of the concerns you have and get more info on how it all works.
I too watch these programs but mine was for research.


I went under the knife so to speak in Feb and it was great,I took the time to find a surgeon who I felt would do what I required from him, I spent a good 6 months researching whether to go abroad where it was considerable cheaper than here but in the end had it done 10 miles from where I lived as felt this would be safer. I had a tummy tuck where this is relatively safe I did have problems with the draining after the operation. fortunately as I went with bupa it was all included in the cost when I should have been in for 4 nights ended up staying in for 9 I had my own private room and bathroom with all mod cons and a cleaner. I had to return one a week for a month to be drained off where the fluid collected in the tummy (it sounds worse that it was) it was just a needle put in and gently syringed away.


the pain was just like having a very bad period but I am really happy with the results.


l would recommend my surgeon with bells on
Hello,





(ANS) I come from a medical family (both my parents worked for many years in the N.H.S) and I worked in a well known major teaching hospital here in Leeds. I have seen many people who have had both plastic and cosmetic surgery for cases such as facial tumors i.e. cancer's etc.





**I cannot say there are No! risks at all to cosmetic or plastic surgery because that's clearly untrue. However, I have to say in all the six years I worked next door to the operating theaters in the ITU I never saw a case go badly wrong.





**I think if you're prepared to pay good money %26amp; realistically probably quite a high fee too. For the skill of an experienced maxio-facial surgeon then the end result is probably likely to be pretty good or extremely good.





However, if you not prepared to pay for a senior %26amp; highly skilled surgeon then I think the risks are much higher and the out come of the surgery less assured. In other words you get what you pay for.





**So as far as my experience of seeing plastic surgery patients post operatively this type of surgery IS quite safe in general terms.





Ivan
cosmetic surgery is VERY safe if you thoroughly research the companies, surgeons and ask to see certificates that they are on the medical board of doctors. also ask for reccommendations from their past clients, not just through an e-mail but over the phone or face-to-face, common sense will tell you that the people with horror stories are the ones that let themselves be butchered with a kitchen knife down a dark alley. transform medical clinic is a good one, i can myself reccommend them :-)
Plastic Surgery, like all surgery is not without its risks and complications. That said, the chances are so slim with modern surgery and anaesthesia that you shouldn't really be dismayed by a few fearmongering television shows.





surgerylowdown.blogspot.com (the surgeons blog) has several recommendations on further reading at:





http://surgerylowdown.blogspot.com/2007/鈥?/a>
just don't go near the fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism