Thursday, June 24, 2010

MINERAL OIL in cosmetics. Is it safe?

I want to know if mineral oil is safe for skin and especially baby's skin.MINERAL OIL in cosmetics. Is it safe?
Mineral oil is just not the best thing you want to use on your skin. Basically is comes from petroleum. It can only probably a temporary result in your skin, because the molecules are too big to penetrate on your pores. For this reason my company is one of the few companies that doesn't use mineral oil in their products and people can actually see result on their skin.MINERAL OIL in cosmetics. Is it safe?
I know that mineral oil is now deemed non-comedogenic so it will not cause acne. I think it is fine to use on occasion. I am not sure about baby skincare but I would suggest use of different oils for yourself - grapeseed, jojoba, safflower, olive are all great alternatives.
What do you think is in Johnson's baby oil? Yeah, it's safe.
Also dear you may use Olive oil, this oil is one of the blessed mineral oils, sasimi oil.
anything petroleum based will aggrivate the skin in time with mild skin irritations to start with, but in low quantities it could defenately be used....as far as safe only time will tell....best avoid being the genny pig it can only bring future complications and heartache......skipper
I personally believe petroleum jelly and mineral oil are somewhat dangerous. It is a by-product of crude oil and I think you should stick to natural products, olive oil, Shea butter, Cocoa Butter,etc... these are really great for babies when the butters a whipped.
Yes. It's been used for a great many years and no negative effects have yet been reported. Try it on a small patch of skin first to see if the child reacts negatively to it. Keep in mind that baby oil has been made using mineral oil for a looooong time with no ill effects.





Mineral oil is still sometimes ingested for use as a laxative. I would assume that it's pretty safe.
Mineral oil is said to suck out the natural vitamin E from your skin. I look into my cosmetics ingredients to make sure its miniral oil free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism